Working out is one of my favorite parts of the day. Oh my gosh. Wait. Did I really just say that? Yes, yes I did. Working out lets me clear my mind and just be. I typically work out once a day, either in the morning or the evening, whenever I have time. I go for about an hour and walk 3 to 3.5 miles. It’s a great way to feel better mentally, physically, and emotionally. It may not be hardcore exercise like running 3 miles, but with the amount of hill in my neighborhood, it’s quite strenuous. Today, I have all of my workout essentials!
- Good workout shoes. I got these Nike running shoes back in July for my birthday, and they’re amazing. They make working out so much more comfortable, and my knees and back don’t hurt the next day! Invest in a good pair of shoes. They make all the difference. I covered these in my July favorites!
- Fun workout clothes. I don’t know if you’re like me, but I love bright colors and fun patterns! Having bright colored workout clothes actually motivates me to want to workout. I got all of my workout clothes from Academy. These are my favorite running shorts. They are lined and have a zippered pocket on the back. And they’re only $12.99. Such a steal!
- Good sports bras. Having a sports bra without enough support is miserable. It’s painful and just no fun. Just like running shoes, invest in good sports bras with enough support. You won’t regret it. Instead of buying those $25 Nike shorts, I opt for the $13 version that are just as good, and that gives me a little more money to invest in a good sports bra. And, if you take proper care of them, they should last a while!
- HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE. I seriously cannot stress this enough. Being and staying hydrated is very very important, especially during the summer when the temperatures and humidity are high. I constantly have a glass of lemon water, and will drink two or three glasses in one sitting.
- A great workout playlist. I don’t know about you, but I love music, and when I workout, music plays a really important role. It motivates me, keeps me going, and gives me that extra boost when I need it. If you want a whole post about my workout playlist, I’d be glad to do one! Just leave a comment below!
And there it is! Those are my essentials for working out! What are your essentials for a good workout? I’d love to read them in the comments below!