Hello and happy Friday! of Fri-yay as we like to say here in the blogging world!
Originally I was going to publish a post all about this new plant protein I’ve been trying, but I decided I needed to do something a bit more personal. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve just sat down and talked with you.
Lord, I honestly think it’s been since February. Let me just say a lot has happened since February.
So here’s what’s been going on with me (totally stealing this layout from Kayla Blogs):
- I turned 20 on July 9th! It was a weekend full of doughnuts, coffee, hiking, and family. Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. It’s kinda weird to no longer be a teenager anymore and to just think that in the next 10 years I’m probably going to be married and have kids.
- My workout split FINALLY changed. And just in general my fitness goals have changed. It’s not really about how I look any more, it’s more about how I’m performing in the gym.
- I deleted my Snapchat. Y’all I cannot tell you how much stress this has taken out of my life. I’m one of those people who gets kind of obsessive with numbers and streaks and symbols and stuff like that. I was letting some stupid yellow heart dictate my relationships with people. It was hard to get rid of it at first, but now I don’t think I’ll ever download it again.
- The blog is finally back up and running. For a while I had been seriously slacking on the blog. I think I was just in this place of really trying to figure out what I wanted to write about and finding my passion for writing and photography again. I mean 2 years is a long time to do something, and it’s easy to get tired of doing the same old thing all the time.
- LIVING THE GRAY LIFE TURNED 2 YEARS OLD!!! Okay yeah I totally missed celebrating that this year, and I blame myself for that. It was June 1oth and I remembered I forgot my blogiversary on June 4th… I was going to do a post on all that I’ve learned but now it’s just way too late for that. Here’s to actually remembering next year.
I cannot believe that I move back to school in less than two weeks. This summer has truly flown by, but it’s been one of the best summers of my life. I’ve been able to spend it doing what I love, and even though it’s a struggle to live with my parents from time to time, it’s been nice to have a quiet house at night. Can you tell I’m not ready for my residents’ drunk shenanigans that are about to occur for the next 9 months?
In the next month or so I have a lot of great posts coming your way. Over the past week and a half I’ve been writing and working on posts for the entire month of August. Usually planning and scheduling posts this far ahead isn’t my thing, but since I’m going to be in res life training for a majority of the month of August, I will have no time to produce content. I’m really stoked about what’s to come, and I hope you are, too!
Here’s what to look forward to:
- Remember my Buy This, Not That: College Dorm Edition post? Think bigger and better.
- Collaboration with Society 6
- Want to know what’s in my gym bag? Stay tuned!
In past monthly recaps, I always highlight my stats for the month. It’s amazing to see the growth that occurs, and I like to be open and transparent with my readers about how the blog is doing! Now since it’s not the official end of the month, these stats aren’t exactly right, but it’s a good look at how things have been going.
Unique visitors: 23,456
What went right:
- Y’all my Instagram game has been on point lately. Honestly so proud of myself for posting regularly on there.
- I invested in BoardBooster (affiliate link) and my stats TOOK OFF.
- I started posting regularly again
- I created a system to create Twitter and Facebook optimized images
- The Blogger Roundtable made a comeback!
- Finally set up a system to deliver my posts straight to your inbox!
What could’ve been better:
- Twitter. Enough said, haha
- Being active and engaging on other peoples’ blogs
Overall July was an amazing month for the blog because I got my blogging mojo back. I cannot wait to see what the fall semester has to offer. I’m already so stoked for football season, the farmer’s market, flannels, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all that amazingness.
See you all on Tuesday!