Okay so remember in my August Recap & Chit Chat post how I said I was going to limit myself to one chit chat post a month because I didn’t want my blog to just be filled with a ton of chit chat posts?
Welp I’m breaking my own rule on this one, haha. I’ve come to realize that it’s going to be virtually impossible for me to churn out two high-quality posts a week with all the stuff I’m trying to balance in my life at the moment. Doing a chit chat post every other week is going to be my saving grace.
See it’s practically a win-win situation because I’m getting to write something fun and personal, and you’re getting to know me better and keep up with what’s going on in my life! After all, this is my blog and I want it to be a reflection of me…
So let’s get into what’s been happening over the past two weeks:
- I’m going to Grace Hopper again this year!! The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing is a yearly conference where a ton of influential women in tech come together and just have an amazing week. I went last year, and I’m honored to attend this year!
- My stress levels this semester have been off the charts for multiple reasons. I’m usually busy the entire weekend which gives me little to no time to work on homework, so I’m having to find ways to get it all done during the week. Also, my first round of tests is coming up and I’m hella stressed about that.
- Okay this one might sound a bit weird, but I’ve been finding a lot of joy in doing things for other people and just seeing other people happy. I’m not saying that I don’t usually find happiness and joy in that, because I do, but it’s just been extra recently. And I’m not complaining.
- I made my two favorite gallery wall pieces to date. Of course I did’t come up with them myself… I straight up copied them from Pinterest. I’m usually pretty original when it comes to my crafts, but for gallery wall pieces, nope. Pinterest is my saving grace. Here’s the original “No Drama Llama” and “Spend your life doing strange things with weird people.“
- Okay and pumpkin everything is now in stores and I have a mini heart attack every time I see something pumpkin flavored. Call me obsessed, but I love fall.
- I’m finally recovering from my migraine. #bless. I’ve felt it coming for the past week and it finally hit this past Tuesday. Right now it’s on it’s way out, and I’m so thankful.
- Last but not least, I’m actually getting really stoked for this secret project that Caitlyn and I are working on. Hopefully it’ll be released by mid-October?? We’re in the process of designing the logo and outlining everything. Y’all this has been six months in the making.
Let me just say that life has been pretty great lately. I mean aside from both USC’s football team and UTK’s football team not doing well this past week, everything else is grand. My personal life is swell, although my academics are stressful, they’re going well, and this is the first time in my college life where I have no desire to go home. And to me, that’s not a bad thing.
I can legitimately say that junior year has by far been the best year of college thus far. It’s honestly just relaxing. That probably sounds weird to say because I just stated how stressed I am, but there’s just a sense of calm. It’s not like freshman year where everything was new and overwhelming. It’s not like sophomore year where I started my job in res life and was learning how to balance everything. I just know what to expect, I know what to do, and I’m actually enjoying life.
Incase you missed it…