First off, let me just say that I love how these coffee & chit chats are becoming more and more of a thing in the college/lifestyle blogging world. It’s not that I’m not genuine in all my other posts, but I just love this format because it’s so relaxed, and I legitimately feel like I’m hanging out with you chatting over a cup of coffee.
So lets see… where do I begin.
Maybe we can chat about how I’ve used the same coffee mug for this post’s cover image and my last chit chat’s cover image. Or maybe the fact that Target has my two favorite coffees on clearance and I’m slightly worried they’re going to discontinue them. How sad would that be!?
Anyways, hopefully you’ve got yourself a delicious, steaming cup of coffee (or tea if that’s more your style) let’s get into it:
- I’m back in Columbia! I moved in on August 9th to a temporary room because my residence hall was under construction. We were supposed to be in that temporary room for about a week, so I unpacked everything I thought I needed for that said week. On the 10th, we found out we could move in to our permanent home later that night, so I had to repack everything I had just unpacked, and move again for the second time in less than 48 hours. Needless to say, I question why I have so much stuff.
- I signed up for one of those Sarahah things. Still really not sure what it is, but if you want to send me something, here’s the link: https://abigailgray.sarahah.com/
- RM training has been a blast, but it’s also been exhausting. This year’s staff is pretty great, and I think it’s going to be a good year. The residents move in on the 22nd and I’m stoked to meet everyone!
- So I do have some exciting news… I got a tattoo! It’s been a few weeks since I got it, and I did sneak it in to one of my Insta stories a week or two ago, but I haven’t announced it anywhere else. My brother and I went on August 5th to probably the best tattoo shop in Knoxville aka Born This Way Body Arts (check ’em out if you’re ever in the area) and we both got our first pieces of ink. I’m in love with how it turned out, and I’m so glad I finally pulled the trigger after two years of debating. I can do a more detailed post about the whole process if you want!
- This blog is finally embodying who I am, and I finally feel like it’s me. From the colors to the content, I’m finally happy with everything about it. Although, I still want to change my logo every week because #commitmentissues. If you want to design me a logo, please do LOL
- All of my cacti and succulents successfully made it to Columbia. We had no casualties, and all is well in the plant world. Also all of my coffee mugs made it as well, and I think that defines my two priorities in life: coffee and cacti.
- And finally I can’t do one of these posts without talking about fitness and the gym. I’m back at my campus gyms. I’m back where it all started (almost). I really do miss my Knoxville gym because they had EVERYTHING I could’ve wanted so it’s definitely hard getting used to working out in a commercial-style gym again. Res life training has also messed up my training split, but that’s okay. Life happens, and that’s the whole point of fitness. It has to be adaptable.
- The push/pull/legs split is the best fitness decision I’ve ever made, and I’ve seen so much progress in the last month it’s not even funny. Also I’m slowly increasing my calories to account for the amount of walking I’m doing now that I’m on campus. I’m feeling great, I’m ready to start back on my normal split once training is over, and I am so stoked for this year.
I’ve been in my permanent home for about a week or so now and there’s already a few things that I’m missing. Like a dishwasher. I’m sorry but I did not realize how many dishes I use in a single day. How can a single person use three bowls, two plates, and like eight forks in a single day??
This year I’m really going to strive to keep my room and bathroom a little more organized that it was last year. Last year was just a disaster, and my room represented that perfectly. Throwback to my room tour where I just moved all my junk from place to place so I could take the pictures… I’m really going to try to wash all my dishes from the day, pick up all my clothes, make sure my second bed/couch is not used as a junk collector, and lastly I need to do my laundry more often. I definitely think the laundry thing is going to get better because we have free laundry this year. #bless
How are y’all liking these more consistent chit chat posts? What’ve you been up to lately? When are you starting school? Are you going anywhere or doing anything exciting in the next few weeks? Let me know below!