** Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on a product link, I may receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love or use myself! **
First and foremost, it’s been way too long since I’ve done one of these posts! I’m not going to lie. I’ve been a bit uninspired to post on the blog and Instagram since I’ve been struggling with not being in the gym. But good news! I’m feeling almost 100% and I think I’m back in the gym for good!
I looked back at my posts, and the last time I did a chit chat thing was in my October Recap so I definitely have a lot to fill you in since then! I’m also including 2 new sections in this post because I saw Kayla do them and I loved them so I decided to steal those ideas and include them in my own posts, haha. Alright, let’s get into it!
What I’ve Been Doing…
- I survived fall semester’s finals week and actually came out with better grades than I expected I would! Winter break was way too short, and my classes started back this week so bring on all the assignments and papers and fun stuff like that. Although I will admit that I love school and taking notes and doing assignments so I guess it all isn’t that bad.
- Y’all one of my biggest dreams came true over winter break. I actually got to meet, hang out with, and spend the weekend with the one and only Caitlyn Stone from College with Caitlyn. We did everything Knoxville has to offer, filmed a Q&A (part 1 on my channel, part 2 on her’s), recorded a vlog, and had some killer gym sessions (you can see our exact workouts in my weekend recap!). She headed to Scottland on Wednesday and now I’m sad because I lost my bestie to a 5 hour time difference, haha.
- My 2018 Reader Survey is live, and I’m taking all of your feedback into consideration! I’m thinking about creating a section on the blog where I post my daily workouts (for FREE btw), but I need your opinions!
- You might have noticed that I added a little section in my sidebar where I feature all of the Instagrams tagged with #GrayLifeFitLife! So, make sure you tag all of your healthy living and fitness posts with #GrayLifeFitLife to be featured here on the blog. Did you share a pic of your super healthy breakfast? Tag it! Snap a pic of you taking your dog for a walk? Tag it! Find yourself posting a gym selfie? Tag it! I want to see what you’re doing in your daily life to make healthy, fit decisions. I’m also thinking of including a #GrayLifeFitLife roundup in these Coffee & Chit Chat posts so there’s even more of a chance for YOU to be featured!
- Speaking of the gym, I created my 2018 gym playlist, and it might be the best gym playlist I’ve made to date… Feel free to follow it because I’ll be updating it on the regular!
- First off, Caitlyn’s eyeshadow is always perfection, and she uses the Naked Basics palette. I figured that since I’ve wanted to have this palette since it came out, and one of my goals for the New Year is to look a little more presentable on a daily basis, I should just bite the bullet and buy it. So I did, and I don’t regret it one bit.
- So I bought myself a Roku Express. This was and is probably a dangerous investment because now I can watch YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, MTV, etc on my TV at any time… But I bought this because it was only $30 and I have a TV in my dorm room that I rarely use because it’s not a smartTV and it only has cable. So, I fixed that problem and this is probably the best thing I’ve bought all year.
- Speaking of Caitlyn’s impeccable makeup skills, she also uses this NYX Micro Brow Pencil. I struggle with my brows because mine are so sparse on the inside and I really have no clue what I’m doing. I decided to take her advice and get the pencil and see if I can not make my brows look like caterpillars.
What I’ve Been Loving…
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay – I got this for Caitlyn as a Christmas present, and I couldn’t not get it for myself. It has amazing reviews on Amazon and it’s been all over Buzzfeed. And y’all it’s awesome! It’s helped clear up my skin and make it extra soft.
- MTV’s Floribama Shore – Since I bought that Roku, I’ve been binge-watching ridiculous reality TV shows because I have nothing better to do until classes start. This show is hilarious and crazy and is quite possibly my new favorite show.
Are you liking the new sections in this week’s chit chat post? I think I really like it! It’s a fun way for me to share what I’m loving and what I’ve purchased without creating a ‘monthly favorites’ post every month. Or do you prefer it all to be in a monthly favorites post? Have you tried any of the products I mentioned in this post?? Let me know in the comments below!